Most of us understand the basics of outsourcing services these days. It’s not complicated—web development teams take the burden of creation off your shoulders and deliver a product that meets your needs. What some people don’t understand is the true value of white label web development. It’s not simply a product to be purchased; it’s an effective business investment that pays dividends in the way of profits, brand awareness, and peace of mind.
A Thought Experiment
In the futuristic world we live in, our online identities mean everything. This is true for any blogger or content creator promoting themselves with a website, but becomes particularly relevant for those interested in making a splash in the waters of online business. Poorly made websites can be messes of inefficiency and lost business.
Let’s look at the benefits of outsourcing another way. “Joe” is starting a business and needs a website developed. Now, Joe (being a very enterprising example) has studied the basics of web development and is confident in his ability to create his website on his own. He develops the code, adds some stylistic flair, and is even able to save a few bucks by using plugins he downloaded from a free site. All great, right?
What Joe doesn’t realize is that while he thinks he’s saved himself money by designing his site with completely free services, he actually has paid a price—the lack of customers that will do business with him:
- Joe wrote his own code to save money, and was left with back-end functionality that performed slowly and left his site vulnerable to security breaches.
- Joe used a free visual design template online, and received a website design that was uninspired, outdated, and fit right in with what everyone else was doing. Joe didn’t realize that when it comes to online business, it’s better to stand out than fit in.
- Joe used free plugins—plugins that were taken from questionable sources, leaving him and his unprotected site exposed to the malware that likes to piggy-back on free downloads.
- Worst of all, when Joe realized that his website is buggy, slow, and inefficient, he had nobody to turn to. The burden of site maintenance and upkeep were entirely on him.
Benefits of Outsourcing
Now, let’s consider what would have happened if Joe had given a quality white label web development firm a chance. Yes, he paid a fee for the service up front, but let’s look at what he received:
- Professionally-developed website architecture that performed optimally, even under periods of heavy site traffic.
- Customized visual themes, colors, and designs that provided instant brand recognition for him offered a competitive edge over templates.
- Safe and reliable plugins that have were tested for efficiency, worked well with the schema of his website, and were hand-picked and customized to perform for his business model.
- A team of dedicated professionals to help maintain his website. Web development isn’t a product so much as a process. Websites are dynamic creatures that must be monitored and updated regularly—and site maintenance is standard for outsourced firms.
In the end, though Joe saved a few dollars on his initial investment, he didn’t take the big picture into account.
Scraping by with a DIY website isn’t enough for businesses who want to truly be competitive. White label web development is the best way to take the vision you have for your brand and turn it into something tangible…and marketable!